Health Benefits From Upgrading Your Home Insulation
Insulation is a very important component of your home’s construction. It can help prevent heat from leaving your home throughout the winter, and help prevent the heat from entering your home during the summer. Keeping your home warmer during the colder seasons will also reduce your energy bills. Upgrading your home insulation, particularly your spray foam insulation in your attic will help you save up to 30% off your energy bills but there is more! Spray Foam Insulation can keep your family healthy and safe. And ensuring to upgrade your insulation can prevent a variety of health problems.
Health Benefits From Upgrading Your Insulation
- Healthier Homes – Insulation helps keep homes healthier by reducing the amount of dust and other pollutants that end up in your homes.
- Decreased Risk of Mold – Mold loves to grow in warm and wet places, as well as dark places. Upgrading to a higher level of insulation will prevent moisture from building up inside your walls and attic, as well as reduce the amount of light able to reach those same areas, both of which reduce the chances of mold growth.
- Blocks Outdoor Air Pollutants - Spray foam insulation helps prevent drafts, dust and pollen from entering your home, improving indoor air quality.
- Poor Insulation Is Bad - Improperly installed insulation can result in mold, mildew, and moisture build-up. This can irritate allergies and people with asthma. It can also cause shortness of breath, chest pain, coughing, nausea, and vomiting.
Benefits of An Insulated Home
The benefit of insulated homes is evident to anyone who has one. Homes can use less energy, save money on heating and cooling bills, and reduce air pollution. Spray Foam Insulation in the attic helps reduce heat transfer by trapping air within the walls of your home. When heated air touches the outside of the wall, it becomes cooler by convection. Rather than escaping into the air outside, it stays in your home because of the insulation. According to Energy Star, energy efficiency is one of the biggest environmental challenges we face today.
The Benefits Of Spray Foam Insulation
The EPA points to several benefits of spray foam insulation:
- Insulation also helps regulate your home's temperature. In hot weather, it slows the escape of heat from inside the house to the outside. In cold weather, it keeps warm air from leaking out, which can reduce fuel consumption or allow you to lower your thermostat a few degrees.
- Spray foam insulating can reduce your utility bills by 20 to 30 percent.
- Spray Foam insulation provides excellent thermal resistance, an R-value that ranges from 7 to 25 per inch. It helps save you money on heating and cooling.
Insulation plays a large role in your home's energy efficiency, and it is crucial to have adequate insulation for better health. A well-insulated attic will help reduce the strain on your central heating system as well as conserve electricity.
All of these benefits are made possible by the proper installation of spray foam insulation.
If you have been postponing getting your home insulation upgraded, now may be the right time with rising utility fees and rising electric costs to make the investment. It really pays to go ahead and get those upgrades done now for added comfort not just financially but also physically as summer approaches next year which means more use on air conditioners resulting in higher power bills. So don't put off upgrading your home or attic insulation any longer at a time when there are home improvement grants available to help foot the bill! Contact EcoStar to learn how you could be eligible for one of the Ontario rebates today!