Commercial Insulation Company in the GTA
Keeping yourself comfortable indoors isn’t just about ensuring your home is properly insulated- at EcoStar Insulation, we are also a commercial insulation company. Commercial buildings are more than just businesses - they are any property that generates income, meaning that residential rental units, office buildings, industrial properties and manufacturing sites, as well as restaurants, hospitals, hotels and sporting arenas also qualify. Ensuring these spaces have adequate insulation to help protect your investment and make them safe for employees and visitors is key. EcoStar Insulation offers three types of insulation for our commercial customers to provide a wide, flexible range of options to suit your individual needs.
- Spray Foam Insulation: This high performance insulation, is applied directly to the walls, attic, or basement of your property, creating an airtight seal that helps protect against mold and moisture as well as offering superb insulating ability.
- Blown-In Insulation: This type of insulation is available in cellulose or fibreglass compositions, and is installed as loose fill that offers satisfactory R-Values with a cost effective price tag. With proper air sealing, blown-in insulation is an excellent commercial insulator.
- Injection Insulation: Favoured in exterior walls, injection insulation is a method through which spray foam insulation is applied through small spaces, making it a flexible, multipurpose product.
As a commercial insulation company, EcoStar has experience with a wide range of building types and uses. One space we frequently find the need to improve is the basement in commercial buildings. Basements should be both dry and conditioned for the repair and safety of mechanical equipment, and also because the basement can have a big effect on the indoor air quality of your entire building. Some figures put the loss of indoor heat from an uninsulated basement at 20% - which is a significant enough number on your monthly heating and cooling bill to warrant an insulation upgrade.
Looking up, the attic is another place that a commercial insulation company like EcoStar Insulation is called to assess. Because heat rises, an uninsulated attic can collect that heat and allow it to escape from your building. Excess heat can also contain moisture, which can help promote the growth of mold. A properly insulated commercial attic will keep undue strain from being put on your air conditioner and furnace, and help keep drafts and temperature fluctuations steady. Installing spray foam in your attic can help keep your energy costs down and keep your customers and tenants happy.
Ultimately, installing spray foam insulation with a commercial insulation company such as EcoStar Insulation, is the best solution for most commercial building needs. We recommend spray foam because it offers superior features over traditional materials that can help improve and protect your commercial property. Spray foam insulation helps to seal gaps found in your building envelope that cause heat loss and air leakage; sealing these cracks helps reduce moisture in your building too, and moisture is often a greater problem, because it can increase the likelihood of mold growth. Mold is problem that shouldn’t be ignored - on its own it can cause damage and seriously affect the health of the building’s occupants, but it is also indicative of a water leak or other moisture problem, which can have wide-reaching structural complications.
If you’re not sure whether you need to contract a commercial insulation company like EcoStar to upgrade your insulation, there are a few tell-tale signs your current products are underperforming:
- Interior walls and floors that are cold or moist to the touch
- Higher energy consumption and utility bills
- Mold growth
- Humid air despite air conditioning
- Drafts or hot or cool spots
Improving your commercial insulation with EcoStar can bring greater benefits and comfort to your tenants, visitors, and, ultimately, to your bottom line. Get in touch with us at EcoStar today and we can help you asses your building’s needs and offer top solutions for your commercial property.